There are many courier providers that help you to send phones from the USA to Nigeria. Below is the detailed process that you can follow to send your phone from the USA to Nigeria.
Ways to send phone from USA to Nigeria
By following these ways you can easily ship your phone from US to Nigeria:
Using an international shipping service
- Step 1: Pack the phone securely in a box or padded envelope. Make sure to wrap it in bubble wrap or other protective material to protect the phone from getting damaged.
- Step 2: Now you need to visit the website of an international shipping company, such as DHL or UPS, and create an account (if you are new to these site and sending phones for the first time).
- Step 3: After creating your account, select “Send a Package” or any other similar option, and choose “Nigeria” as the destination country.
- Step 4: Enter all the required details asked. You may be asked to give the weight and dimensions of the package, as well as any other required information.
- Step 5: Choose a shipping service level that you want to avail, such as standard or expedited, and a delivery option, such as door-to-door or pickup. (You can read about the details of shipping service levels on their website.)
- Step 6: Next enter the receiver’s address in Nigeria and your own contact information.
- Step 7: Now next you need to make payment for the shipping fees using a credit card or other accepted payment method.
- Step 8: Download the receipt and shipping level then print out the shipping label and attach it to the package.
- Step 9: You can choose to deliver your phone to the courier company, else you can also avail the facility of doorstep pick while booking the package.
- Step 10: After the shipment of your product you can track the package online to see its progress and expected delivery date.
This is one of the preferred ways that you should use to send your phone from the USA to Nigeria. Alternatively you can also see the below given ways as well. If you find them helpful then you can use them as well.
Using a mail forwarding service
- Step 1: There are many different mail forwarding services, such as Shipito or MyUS, and choose one that offers mail service to Nigeria.
- Step 2: Create an account with the mail forwarding service and fill the required details (such as your personal and payment method, shipping type etc.)
- Step 3: The mail forwarding service will provide you with a unique mailing address. This is the address you need to use to send mail to.
- Step 4: Pack the phone securely in a box or padded envelope, making sure to wrap it in bubble wrap or other protective material to avoid getting any damage to your phone.
- Step 5: You need to include the final destination address as well, either on the envelope or package. And in the case of online shipping services, in the shipping information.
- Step 6: Address the package to the mail forwarding service’s warehouse in the USA, by using the unique address provided by the mail forwarding service.
- Step 7: Use a domestic shipping service, such as USPS or FedEx to ship the package to the Mail forwarding service.
- Step 8: Once the package arrives at the warehouse, the mail forwarding service will repackage it and ship it to the recipient’s address in Nigeria.
- Step 8: Track the package online to see its progress and expected delivery date.
Traveling with the phone
If it’s very important to send your phone immediately then you can consider this option. As in the above given method, there is the possibility of occurrence of delay due to some reasons. If it’s not urgent then you should definitely consider the above methods.
How long does it take to ship a phone from the USA to Nigeria?
The shipping time for a phone from the USA to Nigeria can vary depending on some factors, such as the shipping method you choose and any customs delays.
In general, you can expect that your phone will reach Nigeria in a few days to several weeks. For example, if you choose an expedited shipping method, such as DHL Express or FedEx International. Then the phone may get delivered in Nigeria within a few days. But, if you choose economical shipping options, such as standard international shipping through the postal service, then the phone may take several weeks to get delivered.
It is important to note here that there are possibilities of additional delays if the package gets stuck in customs. To get customs clearance it mostly takes a few days, but it can even take longer depending on the circumstances. In some critical situations, packages may be held in customs for several weeks.
So, it’s difficult to give an exact timeframe for how long it will take for a phone to get delivered to Nigeria. But you can see the expected delivery date of your phone once your package get shipped. You can also track the location of your package through the tracking id given to you.
Cost of shipping a phone from the USA to Nigeria.
The shipping cost of a phone from the USA to Nigeria depends on few factors which include:
- weight and dimensions of the phone
- shipping method you choose,
- shipping company you use.
For example, if you send the phone using a standard international shipping service through the postal service. The cost of shipping a phone may be relatively low, but it can take several weeks for the phone to get delivered. On the other hand, if you choose to send using an expedited shipping method, such as DHL Express or FedEx International. The cost of shipping will be higher but the phone will get delivered in Nigeria in a few days.
The shipping cost depends on the weight and dimensions of the phone. For example, Heavier and larger phones will cost more than lighter and smaller ones. In addition, if you’re shipping multiple phones in one package, the cost of shipping will be higher as the package will become heavier.
So I can’t tell you the exact cost of shipping a phone from the USA to Nigeria. So I advise you to contact the shipping company or visit their website to know the exact cost.
For your reference you can view the estimates for shipping charges for some major international courier providers:
- DHL Express: DHL Express can charge you anywhere around $50 for a small package weighing up to 2 kg to over $200 for a larger package weighing up to 20 kg.
- FedEx: Similarly shipping charges for FedEx can range from around $50 for a small package weighing up to 2 kg to over $300 for a larger package weighing up to 20 kg.
- UPS: UPS typically charges anywhere around $50 for a small package weighing up to 2 kg to over $300 for a larger package weighing up to 20 kg
- USPS: USPS (United States Postal service) can charge you around $50 for a small package weighing up to 2 kg to over $200 for a larger package weighing up to 20 kg
As I already told you, these are just rough estimates and the actual charges may vary. So in order to get an accurate quote for your specific shipment, it’s best to contact the shipping company directly or you can view their pricing by visiting their official website.
To make your work easier I am linking below the official sites of major courier service provider where you can see the pricing by entering few details:
Now you know the simple process through which you can send your phone from the USA to Nigeria. If you still have any query then do ask me in the comments.
Also it takes a lot of effort to create such articles for you, so don’t forget to mention your views in the comments. If possible do share this to your friends and family members.